Scrum Master (part-time)
Do you want to be the Scrum Master for a growing team of highly innovative software developers? You'll be working collaboratively to build something amazing that will continue to delight our users.
Your role will be to work alongside our CEO/CTO (the Product Owner) and our Development Team to revolutionize the next generation of our flagship product. The Scrum Master uses the Scrum methodology and Agile framework to strategically plan and coordinate all software engineering activities. If you’re passionate about creating something great while overseeing the Scrum flow, this role is the right fit for you!
Location: 100% Remote, based in Europe.
Hours: Part-Time, 15-20 hours per week, during regular business hours in your European time zone.
About Symless and Synergy: Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over two million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 10.4 million viewers. It's also used at some great companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Pixar, Salesforce and many more. That said, we're a small company of about 20 people, so you won't get lost in the crowd.
About the Role
You will coordinate all Scrum events for our development group, where the team size will eventually grow to eight developers (we expect within the next two years). Your Scrum and Agile methodology skills will be essential to making sure our team is making the right thing, as well as making the thing right.
Responsibilities: Here are a few things you'll be doing...
- Enhance the Agile methodology used by our software development team and collaborate internally to instill the Agile principles.
- Implement the appropriate Agile methodology to our software development process based on our situation and constraints.
- Ensure the development team is building products that align with our product backlog with frequent collaboration with the Product Owner on appropriate product backlog management.
- Keep the development team focused by directing sprints and ensuring the most valuable work is completed on time.
- Empower the development team to perform at its highest level by protecting the team from impediments and iterating/optimizing the Agile methodology on product development.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to manage the product backlog that aligns with customer needs and feedback as well as the overall company’s objectives.
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills while building trust-based relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Assist us in fulfilling our company’s Leadership Principles in all we do.
Please have the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in a Scrum Master role within the Agile environment or a Scrum Master certification such as the CSM (a Scrum Master certification).
- Previous software development experience in any language (at a project management level).
- Highly skilled in implementing Agile and related Agile methodologies/frameworks in similar environments including but not limited to Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent team collaboration, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A Bachelor’s degree, in any field, is preferred.
Benefits of Joining the Symless Team
- Competitive compensation.
- Opportunity for rate increases twice per year.
- Professional development opportunities.
- An environment in which your ideas and professional opinions are valued.
- Casual work environment.
- Collaborative, creative, and fun team atmosphere.
- Contractors are part of the team, not outsiders.
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!